Alumni Association Operations have changed in the past few years:
- The RAA serves alumni from the New Brunswick/Piscataway campuses.
- The RAA is a chartered organization of the Rutgers University Alumni Association.
- The RAA office/headquarters has moved to Piscataway; and is no longer located in Winants Hall.
- All RAA work is being conducted by volunteers and part-time help (no staff support from the University).
- All financial transactions are handled using the RAA's own financial resources (no financial support from the University).
- Major, signature RAA events like Alumni Family Day, Speed Networking and other events for Rutgers students, and the Loyal Sons & Daughters banquet are now planned and run entirely by the RAA volunteers.
- Dues are no longer collected; the RAA funds its operating costs using its own savings and income.
- 1766 Magazine is now distributed to those who subscribe, and to RAA-Life Members